Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Meet Skye

Chili was my friend and the best dog, there will forever be only one chili and he will forever be within my heart and in spirit. His passing was hard to take and I grieved heavily for a week. But my nature as a lover of dogs made me yearn for another companion so I ventured to the shelters in search of another fur friend.

For me, selecting is all about connections, a meeting of spirits mingling together on first impressions, so after visiting numerous shelters and humane societies within two counties with no success, I visited the Manatee County Animal Services (the pound) and found--Skye.


Skye is a four years old  Australian Shepard mix.
Her story  of abuse centers on her always being caged and used to continually produce puppies. She was then dumped on the street and was found by Animal Services wandering in a field. Besides testing positive for heart worms, she is in good health.

On the bright side, Skye is very gentle, laid back, very smart, a fast learner, and was very happy to have a sister (Cupcake) and a pack mom (Nadine). Now she frolics in the yard, plays with toys and her sister, enjoys basking in the sun, laying on the bed, and driving around town with her head out the window catching the wind.. No more puppies or cages, from going to the beach to barking and eating biscuits she's loving her forever home.

  For me and Skye, our connections was one of want and and need and our bond grows stronger every day.


2 comments:

  1. I can hold my head high knowing that I love as much as you guys do, in regards to our four legged family members. Miss you guys, and your strength has helped me everyday since I lost Rage:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things will get better. Grieving is a normal process and the pain will subside. In the end you will find that your Rage is waiting for you in the afterlife. You will probably feel that Rage would be alright in giving another dog a second chance. Glad to help you in time of need.

      Delete